Online Accessibility Statement
The Global Disability Summit (GDS) Secretariat is working towards the progressive realization of Article 9 within our information, communication and technologies spaces. Measures to support accessibility have been integrated into the GDS website, social media, virtual communications, and other GDS hosted online environments.
Inclusive and Accessible Data Collection
In line with our mandate and guiding principles, the GDS Secretariat is committed to identifying and creating data collection and dissemination methodologies that are inclusive of and accessible to as many people as possible, including persons with disabilities.
The platform has been built with the following accessibility components:
- WCAG compliant - the GDS platform is conformant with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard, although there is continuous work to fully meet the guidelines. WCAG is the main web content accessibility standard being used at the time of development.
- Tailor accessibility for surveys - integration of functionalities which will meet the accessibility requirements of persons with disabilities specific to data collection. We’ve done this to ensure the online survey environment is not only WCAG compliant but also includes methods that will ensure all can participate, for example, the use of tooltips for increased access to definitions and additional information. We understand persons with diverse user requirements will be interacting with GDS platform so we have made it easier to turn on and off accessibility features so that one feature does not impede other accessible features.
- Format Diversity - all effort is made to integrate accessible formats as much as possible within the GDS platform, including easy read, sign-language, plain language, and diversity (flexibility) in means of communication.
- Flexibility - for ease of online connectivity for those with limited internet access
- Limitations - priority in terms of accessibility is given to the public facing part of the application. Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of GDS platform, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed here. Known limitations:
- Interactive Analytics are yet difficult to interact with screen reader
Accessibility of the GDS platform relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plug-in installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the GDS platform. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers or have suggestion: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.