On February 14, 2022, youth all over the world are going to participate in the very first virtual Global Disability Youth Summit (GDS Youth 2022) co-hosted by the International Disability Alliance (IDA), Youth Mental Health Norway, Atlas Alliance, and UNICEF.
The GDS Youth 2022, being organized under the auspice of the Global Disability Summit (GDS22), will mobilize efforts for the implementation of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), the principle of ‘Leaving No One Behind’ (LNOB) of the Sustainable Development Goals, and on building back better and more inclusive with regards to Covid-19. It will be an opportunity to strengthen disability inclusive development and provide a platform to secure financial and political commitments by national governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, the private sector, civil society organizations, and Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (OPDs).
In this context, the organizers of the GDS Youth 2022 are calling Youth Disability Advocates to submit 2- minutes videos for an exciting video series called “30 Days of Youth”.
The three primary goals of the “30 Days of Youth” video series are to:
- amplify youth advocates’ voices, opinions, ideas, and experiences as youth and adolescent advocates with disabilities,
- promote virtual registration for the GDS Youth 2022,
- foster the start of conversations on social media, regarding the impact of stigma and discrimination, the barriers it perpetuates and the opportunities that can be open.
By participating in the GDS Youth “30 Days of Youth” video series Youth Advocates will:
- contribute to combating stigma and discrimination towards persons with disabilities.
- be invited to virtually attend GDS Youth 2022.
- receive a letter of appreciation from the organizers.
“30 Day of Youth” Video Series will be launched on social media, GDS Youth Facebook, and Instagram, through UNICEF social media channels and on the GDS Twitter, on January 14th, 2022, and last for one month leading up to GDS Youth 2022.
You can download here a PDF Manual with detailed instructions on video production and how to submit a video!
The deadline to submit your 2-minute video has been extended to Wednesday, January 12, 2022.
Take this opportunity to register for the Youth Summit 2022 here.